Participants at this quarterly workshop for professionals and parents will participate in a facilitated discussion that explores openness in adoption. A panel of adoptive and birth parents will share their perspectives on their experiences with open adoptions.
Attendees will develop an understanding of:
• The differences among closed, semi-closed and open adoptions.
• The continuum of open adoption.
• The perspectives of families that participate in an open adoption.
• How social media has affected dialogue and communication among triad members (adoptees, adoptive parents, birthparents).
• The successes and challenges in open adoptive relationships.
Susan Darden Kautz, an adoption liaison and trainer with Bellefaire JCB, will present. There is no cost to attend.